Through a program called Summer Company, you can get:
- start-up money to kick-off a new summer business
- advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running
Learning how to run your own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management and networking are just a few of the highly useful skills you’ll develop.
Who is eligible
You could be eligible, if you:
- go to high school, college or university
- live in Ontario
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- are returning to school after the program ends
You cannot apply again, if you have received a Summer Company grant in the past.
2020 EDITION: Those interested in applying for the 2020 program must complete their applications by May 17 2020, or when capacity is reached. PREC encourages those interested to submit applications much earlier than the posted deadline in order to have the best chance of being accepted. A limited number of participants will be accepted.
Viist the Ministry of Economic Development and Growth website for more information.