Summer Company 2020 - Apply now!
L`Orignal, Ontario – Summer Company is a program funded by the Government of Ontario to help students start a new business with mentoring and financial support.
Through the Summer Company program, you can get:
- start-up money to kick-off a new summer business
- advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running
Learning how to run your own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management and networking are just a few of the highly useful skills you’ll develop.
To be eligible for the Summer Company program, participants must:
- go to high school, college or university
- live in Ontario
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- are returning to school after the program ends
- You cannot apply again, if you have received a Summer Company grant in the past.
Students who are accepted into the Summer Company program will receive up to $1,500 upfront to help with start-up costs. An additional $1,500 will be available for participants who successfully complete the program requirements by the end of the summer. In total, successful Summer Company participants will receive up to $3,000 in a grant.
How to Apply:
Those interested in applying for the 2020 program must complete their applications by May 17, or when capacity is reached. PREC encourages those interested to submit applications much earlier than the posted deadline in order to have the best chance of being accepted. A limited number of participants will be accepted.
Steps to apply:
- Visit www.ontario.ca/summercompany
- Check to see if you’re eligible for the program
- Complete the online application inquiry
- Select your local program provider (Entrepreneurship Centre Prescott and Russell)
- Assign yourself a password
- Submit your application