The Prescott and Russell Entrepreneurship Centre offers support to French immigrants and newcomers. Integrating into a new community is not easy, and we want to provide you with the information and tools you need to settle into the business world and start your small business.
Free services are available:
Entrepreneurship training workshops
Participants will be trained and matched with a mentor or coaching service for the creation of their business.
Workshop 1: Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. (French)
Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Roles and Responsibilities of the Entrepreneur.
Workshop 2: Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. (French)
Markets: From local to international, a wealth awaits you! This training is to help you fully grasp the business opportunities emerging from our changing world.
Workshop 3: Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. (French)
The types and structures of business: Social or private entrepreneurship; the raison d'être; the social role; governance.
Workshop 4: Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 10:00 A.M. (French)
Networking: The importance of networking, methods and opportunities for networking. How to build a network when you are new to it? This training will give you the tools and techniques that will allow you to build your business network in a solid and efficient way.
Register here for these workshops.
Contact us now to find out how we can help you get established in our entrepreneurial community!
Register HERE, it's free!
- 10:00 A.M. - Workshop on "Create powerful Facebook ads for your small and local business" hosted by Steve Loiselle. This presentation will teach you the basic things you need to understand before and during the process of Facebook Ads. This will give you the tools and ideas you need to IMPLEMENT in your business to give it a try. You will learn different strategies, important Facebook Ads policies, Facebook Ads Tips and Manychat strategies. Combined, this will give you a STRONG advantage against your competitors and will increase your visibility and hopefully, drive more sells!
- 1:00 P.M. - Workshop on "Emerging COVID-19" hosted by Renée Gendron. COVID has provided business owners and managers with the opportunity to do some deep thinking on their operations and their ecosystem development. When social isolation measures ease, things won’t be back to the way they were before. Too many other things have changed in the market — higher debt, higher unemployment, shifting market, increased uncertainty. Other business owners and managers are also thinking about how to best to relaunch.
Virtual collaborative event for women business owners
The Prescott and Russell Entrepreneurship Centre is working in partnership with the Business Sisters to support women entrepreneurs.
We’ve been hunkering down for over two months now… Time to reconnect with your Business Sisters! Join us for 75 minutes of conversation around you, your business and the way forward.
This event will focus on an exchange between peers. You will have the chance to introduce yourself and say a few words about your business or your professional activities. The facilitator will then open the discussion where everyone will be invited to share tips, to ask questions and to brainstorm together.
Each week we are putting the spotlight on women entrepreneurs in different sector -- hairdressers, estheticians, massage therapists, acupuncturists, etc. . Note however that ALL are welcome!
- Launch / Online Networking: Tuesday, May 19, 7:00 to 8:15 pm (bilingual)
- Seminars, by sector: (all from 19:00 to 20:15)
- Retail: Monday, May 25 in French, Wednesday, May 27 in English
- Personal Care: Monday, June 1 in English, Wednesday, June 3 in French
- Restaurants/hospitality/tourism: Monday, June 8 in French, Wednesday, June 10 in English
- Online Networking: Tuesday, June 16, 7:00 to 8:15 pm (bilingual)
- start-up money to kick-off a new summer business
- advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running
- go to high school, college or university
- live in Ontario
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- are between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
- are not already running a business
- are not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- are returning to school after the program ends
- You cannot apply again, if you have received a Summer Company grant in the past.
- Visit www.ontario.ca/summercompany
- Check to see if you’re eligible for the program
- Complete the online application inquiry
- Select your local program provider (Entrepreneurship Centre Prescott and Russell)
- Assign yourself a password
- Submit your application