Starter Company Plus 2020
The Start-up Plus grant program will be back in January 2020. Applicants have until December 20, 2019 to apply. This program is for entrepreneurs who want to start, grow or buy a small business in Ontario. Through the Start-up Plus Grant program, entrepreneurs can get individual advice, attend seminars and workshops that reach entrepreneurs. In short, this program will provide mentorship and train entrepreneurs with valuable information and tools by entrepreneurship professionals. Participants will be able to apply for a grant worth $ 5,000. This financial assistance, in the form of a non-refundable grant, will help the latter in the installation and acquisition of important equipment as well as any other costs. In addition, the program supports the execution and implementation of their business plan.
Here is the link to this program and to access the application form to register. https://www.prec-cepr.com/en/our-programs/starter-company-plus
In short, the eligibility criteria are:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application;
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying a business in Ontario;
- Not attending school full time nor returning to school;
- Resident of Ontario;
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Not enrolled in other provincial employment or self-employment related programs that include or do not include financial assistance;
- Not currently enrolled concurrently in any self-employment or entrepreneurship training/financing programs offered by government-funded organizations.